Vegan's Chronicles

"Green" Tea Cake

Would you believe me if I said that this was meant to be 'Green Tea Cake'? What happened, you ask? Well, my mom and I were trying the 'Green Tea Cake' recipe from the new Korean Vegan Baking book I gave my mom for Christmas, and we did two things wrong. First, we used dark brown sugar, instead of light brown sugar. And second, the green tea powder we used was not the right kind of powder... It was this special green tea granule mix from Japan, made specifically for dissolving quickly in water. Therefore, the green color was very weak to begin with. So those two errors resulted in this "brown" tea cake.

But as the late MJ would say, it don't matter if you're black or white your cake is green or brown, because it will still taste ah-may-jing. And it was just that. We added walnuts, which was genius on our part. Very soft and fully scrumptious.

Anywayyy. I really want to try the recipe again, but correctly next time. There are quite a few recipes in that book that I'm excited to test out. One thing though, the measurements are in grams, rather than in cups, so it's pretty essential to own a measuring scale.