Vegan's Chronicles

It's begining to smell a lot like Christmas~

Woah! It's the last month of 2010 and I have less than a week before I fly out to LA for my Christmas vacay! :) I'm super stoked about getting to spend three weeks State-side with my sis, but I'm also a wee bit sad that I won't get to be with my parents and friends here in Korea. I know I'm gonna miss out on a lot of festive fun! I'm also a lil' disappointed that I won't get to bake all the Christmas-themed goodies I had in mind for Cafe Harunohee! hehe. :) I had a grand list of things I wanted to bake like gingerbread men, apple spice cake, and pumpkin pound cake, to name a few, but I guess that will just have to wait til I get back. However, I still have a few days left, so I'm trying to make the most of it by baking up a storm.

IMG_1567

Yesterday I baked some Carrot Spice Muffins that were loaded with raisins, walnuts, and comforting winter spices. They were really moist and quite delicious!

IMG_1583

Packaged up and ready to go~ I ate two muffins myself and gave two away, so there weren't many left to be sold at the cafe. oops~

Carrot Spice Muffins

As a result, I ended up baking another batch today. :) Check the muffin-top action!

IMG_1586

Yesterday, I also baked half a batch of Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles (recipe adapted from the PPK).

IMG_1589

I think these cookies are gaining quite a following.

Ginger Molasses Cookies

And last but most definitely not least, this morning I baked some Ginger Molasses Cookies.

Ginger Molasses Cookies

These cookies came out so well, I surprised myself. I used fresh grated ginger to give it some serious flava! They taste like gingersnap cookies, except they're softer and chewier on the inside. Yum. I'll post the recipe soon!

Ginger Molasses Cookies

I've definitely got the baking-bug cuz all I wanna do with my free time these days is tinker around with recipes and get covered in a dusting of flour and sugar. I especially love baking things with Christmassy spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger. It makes my apartment smell so heavenly.

Ginger Molasses Cookies

I packaged all the big cookies for the cafe, but there was one baby cookie which I claimed for myself. :)

Ginger Molasses Cookies

A delicious breaktime snack after a busy morning of baking!

Ginger Molasses Cookies
Ginger Molasses Cookies

Feeling hungry and cold? Miss home? Head to Cafe Harunohee for a taste of these comforting, compassionate winter goodies. ^^

Directions to Cafe Harunohee:
Gunja Station, Line 5&7, Exit 6. Walk straight for about 5-7 minutes. The cafe will be on your left.
Children's Grand Park Station, Line 7, Exit 1. Walk straight for about 5-7 minutes. The cafe will be on your right. Google map.
Address: 서울시 광진구 능동 283-17
Tel: 02-453-0508
Hours: 11am-11pm