Vegan's Chronicles

Veganomicon Black Bean Burger

As part of my goal to attempt more recipes from Veganomicon, I made black bean burgers! I've made veggie burgers before, but this recipe was different because it required wheat gluten. The gluten provided some chewiness to the patty texture, which reminded me a whole lot of real beef. Weird but cool! The recipe also called for bread crumbs, which I didn't have on me, so I just put some flour into the mix instead...

Anyway, once I cooked the patties, I put my burger together with a vegan sesame bun I bought from E-Mart, along with some lettuce, pickles, ketchup and mustard. After fully absorbing the beauty of my lunch plate, I chowed down and enjoyed every single bite- even the half-burnt sweet potato fries on the side. I left the fries in the oven too long and they got baked dry. I still ate them though... Crrrispay!