Vegan's Chronicles

Snickering Snickerdoodles for Halloween

It seems that the #1 recipe of VeganMoFo 2009 was Isa's Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles. I'd never even had snickerdoodles before, but I just had to try these, after seeing so many rave reviews. And what better time to bake such fiendishly flavorful cookies than Halloween!

These were seriously awesome. Especially right out of the oven when they were extra soft and chewy. The cayenne pepper and cinnamon infused these snickerdoodles with some spicy radiance that left me feeling warm and tingly all over. And the chocolate flavor was, well, perfection. Just what I needed. I have to say though, I was a bit surprised at how much sugar and oil went into these, so next time, I will try making them a bit healthier (if possible). But sometimes, you just gotta say 'screw it' and indulge in the sugar-spice high.

And ofcourse, I couldn't horde the goods all to myself, so I costumed these snickerdoodles up in handmade Halloween packaging and shared them with some coworkers. Trick or treat!