Vegan's Chronicles

VMF Day 6: Picnicking at Tae Jo Mountain Park

During the Chuseok hols, my family went picnicking at '테조산 park' or 'Tae Jo Mountain Park' by Cheonan. It was a surprising gem of a place that I never knew existed. The landscape was really clean and open, and maybe it was because it was the Chuseok holidays and everyone was at home, but there were hardly any other visitors at the park that day.

After a very filling lunch of rice, saucy tofu, fresh veggies, and vegan kimchi, we burned off the energy by hiking up the mountain nearby. It was a pretty intense, yet quick hike up to the top, and it was exactly what I needed. It felt soooo good to be out in nature again, having not been in a mountain since the trip to Seoraksan. I really think I need to live somewhere with mountains... They are so life affirming. I'm also so thankful that I have a family that likes going on spontaneous picnics and hiking trails. :)