Vegan's Chronicles

Peace, Love, & Yoga

Recently, I've been trying to be more active in my daily life. In addition to running, I have decided to try out this thing they call yoga. I always thought yoga was just about pleasant stretches and 'om's, so I was completely floored (no pun intended) when I did my first yoga workout and was completely drenched in sweat and my muscles were in pain for the next 2 days. I had no idea yoga is so hardcore; Awesome-hardcore! I love how I sweat like crazy and also how I'm so much more flexible at the end of each session.

I don't attend a class or anything, I just do it from this website I found, http://www.yogatoday.com/. When I first found this site, they had free one-hour yoga sessions updated daily, but they recently redesigned their website and now they only provide one free session each week (boo). I guess it was only a matter of time til they started charging... . Nonetheless, I'm still benefitting from it all. The instructors like to use flowery yoga lingo when giving directions, like "melt your heart" or "float your kidneys" or "expand through your edges" (say what? say how??), but you get used to it after a while, and after some time, it even starts to make sense to you. haha.

Anyhoo, yoga is awesome and I think everyone should give it a try.