Vegan's Chronicles

Practice makes Perfect Pizzas

I've been eating pizza non-stop this week because I am practicing my pizza-making skillz, and also because I opened a can of tomato puree and now I have to somehow finish it, before it gets old sitting in my fridge.

For the dough, I used this recipe from vegweb.com. According to the recipe, it says that this is good for one serving, so I used the exact measurements, thinking it would be good for just one meal. Uhm... it was more like 2-3 servings for me. So the following two times, I halved the recipe, which was still really filling. I tried to roll the dough out pretty thin because I wanted to add more toppings over a greater surface area. The toppings are all pretty much the same, give or take one ingredient. There was definite improvement in the crust each time I made it. But I think I should learn to restrain myself when adding the toppings... I tend to go a bit overboard...

Pizza #1 toppings: Tomato sauce, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, olives, tofu riccotta. Crust turned out weird, dense and dry. Wasn't that tasty because I didn't have any salt.

Pizza #2 toppings: Tomato sauce, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms. Crust was good, but put too much tomato paste. It's almost overflowing over the crust!

Pizza #3 toppings: Tomato sauce, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach. Looks like a mess, I know, but it tasted pretty dayam good. Also, my best crust yet.