Vegan's Chronicles

Art show & Chai tea breakfast muffins
IMG_2570.jpg

This is what's all over my floor right now. I have a group art show coming up next week at Artelysia Gallery which is a little outside of Seoul, in Anyang city. It opens next week Thursday, Feb 23 which is coming up suuuper fast and I've been scrambling to get stuff completed and framed. If anyone is interested in visiting the show, it will be up from Feb 23 - April 24.

IMG_2565.jpg

Go fishyyy~!

IMG_2500.jpg

Next, I made some breakfast chai tea muffins last week because I have several boxes of chai tea just sitting around. I love chai as a drink, but lately, I've just been sticking to coffee or hot chocolate as my comfort-beverage. So I decided to use the tea bags to make breakfast muffins. The good thing is that these muffins aren't too sweet so you don't feel like you're eating dessert for breakfast.

IMG_2502.jpg
IMG_2508.jpg

The silken tofu also keeps them moist and a bit spongy. And even though they probably wouldn't last too long, I reckon these muffins would get even more flavorful over time as the chai spices really get infused in the muffin. Yummy! (also now available for order on Bake Shop site)

Chai Tea Breakfast Muffins
6 small muffins, or 4 large ones.

120g (1 cup) all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp all spice

100ml unsweetened organic soy milk
50g silken tofu
3Tbs canola oil
contents of 1 chai tea bag
1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt

1. Preheat oven to 350F or 175C. Prepare muffin pan.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices together in a large bowl.
3. Using a blender (I used my hand-held immersion blender), whip up the other ingredients until smooth. Pour the wet into the dry and mix until combined. Feel free to gently fold in some nuts, choc chips, etc if desired.
4. Spoon batter into muffin pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted come out clean.

bcake_IMG_0445R

Oh, and remember the birthday cake I made for the twins last week? Well, Tammi (one of the twins) was awesome enough to take a photo of the cut cake and send it to me! So now we can all see how it looked on the inside. :)

Thanks Tammi~!