Vegan's Chronicles

A day of salads

Apparently, my body was craving loads and loads of greens because I definitely had a veggie pig-out session today. For lunch I made this monster salad. It was so big, I had to pull out my biggest serving plate to fit it all on there.

salad

  • a huge bunch of lettuce
  • 1 zucchini
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 large carrot
  • 1/4 block of tofu
  • dwenjang- rice vinegar dressing
  • sesame seeds
  • broken pieces of kim (dried seaweed laver)

salad

Yes, I ate all of that for one meal. It might just be vegetables, but I was stttuuhffed!

salad

Ain't no salad high enough~

And my salad-craving continued on to dinner as well, which I satisfied with another mountain of greens. This one consisted of lettuce, tofu, cucumber, orange bell peppers, and chopped black olives. It might not look that big in the photo, but this was a heaping mountain. Everything was piled up so high, things kept rolling off the side while I was trying to eat it.

Later in the evening, I went on an awesome 10k run. Lately, I've been getting my jog-on while listening to oldschool 90's tunes! Don't you just love 90's music? There's nothing quite like the cheezy funk of 90's music to get my legs moving. Here's part of my current playlist:

Vogue - Madonna
Pump up the jam - Technotronic
Virtual Insanity - Jamiroquai
All that she wants - Ace of Base
Gettin' Jiggy Wit It - Will Smith
Space Jam - Quad City DJ's
Rhythm is a Dancer - Snap
Beat it - Michael Jackson
Black or White - Michael Jackson
The Sign - Ace of Base
Lovely Day - Out of Eden

IMG_2153

Anyway, after my run, I came back home feeling hungry and ready for dinner #2: apple-oats in a mug! Btw, this is my fave mug that was made my by college friend and fellow art-major, Katie. She concentrated in ceramics and we did a trade where I got one of her beautiful mugs and a bowl, and she got one of my paintings. I think I got the better deal. ;)

IMG_2157

Git in ma bellay!

Speaking of college friends, tomorrow, I'm gonna meet up with Jenna, another college buddy who's currently visiting Korea! I'm so excited to see her, cuz it's been ages. Ok, that's all for today. Over n out.