Vegan's Chronicles

New Start Veg Buffet

Wow, this blog now has 50 followers! Thank you everyone for your interest~

The last time I went to 'New Start' Vegetarian Buffet was about a year ago, so I figured it was time to revisit the restaurant and the kind old man who runs it. When my friend and I walked in, we were surprised at how empty the place was. Maybe it was because it was a weekday, but there was literally only one other customer in the entire place. Has their business gone down over the course of the year? I really hope they're doing okay cuz it would be a shame to lose a veg restaurant in Seoul.

I hate to say this, but the food was wasn't as good as I remembered it to be. I couldn't help but wish that some of the dishes were warmer... It seemed that a lot of the food had just been sitting out for a while, getting cold and crusty. Aside from that, there was still plenty to eat and we walked out with our bellies filled to the brim. Here are our plates:

My favorite dish was the syrupy sweet potatoes with sunflower seeds sprinkled on top. They were soooo yummy! I also liked their stuffed cabbage rolls, whole wheat bread, and mini quesadillas.

Price: 12,000 per person.

Directions (copied from happycow.net): Subway Line 2 (green line) or the Bundang (yellow) line get off at Seolleung Station, from Exit 2, walk 50m past BurgerKing to the top of a small hill where you will find an intersection, on the left is an office supply store, Link O, turn left and walk until you see Hollys Coffee on your left, the restaurant is across the street (4th building on the right from intersection) and is located on the 2nd floor.