Vegan's Chronicles

baby it's cold outside...

Crappidy crap, it's so colddddd! blargh. Is it just me, or is winter this year extra brutal? I really ought to get a warmer coat, but in my mind, coat-shopping is a chore. Especially when trying to find a good cruelty-free one in Korea that is affordable and stylish at the same time. If anyone's got any leads, help a vegan sista out! Thankfully, I got some toasty gloves as a Christmas present the other day, so my hands are covered.

Anyhooz, Wednesday was my dad's birthday, so I made a quick trip to Cheonan to celebrate. Sadly, I wasn't able to do anything really special for him this year. :( Poor dad. I always feel bad because his birthday falls so close to Christmas day, and everyone's so busy that he doesn't get as much as he deserves. However, my mom put together a yummy birthday lunch:

IMG_0358.jpg
IMG_0345.jpg

Check out these onion ring jeon pancakes! Somehow, my mom got this idea of pouring the pancake batter into floured onion rings. hehe. They were cute and delicious.

IMG_0355.jpg

bean sprout and chives banch'

IMG_0365.jpg

For dessert, I made a blueberry-almond cake, using a recipe from a Korean vegan baking book.

IMG_0384.jpg

I loaded it with tons of blueberries (frozen), so it was positively oozing with gooey goodness. The bottom got a bit over-baked and it was rather plain for a birthday cake (no frosting, sprinkles etc), but thankfully, my dad is a simple kinda-guy and is pretty easy to please in the sweets-department. He never says anything bad about my baking, even when I think it's a flop. haha. Love my dad!

IMG_0121.jpg

Hm, onto some other vegan eats, I recently had lunch at Garobee buffet. Yummy and fresh.

IMG_0123.jpg
IMG_0124.jpg

Tater tots!!!! Let's all take a moment to picture Napoleon Dynamite stuffing his pockets with 'tots.

Well, it's Friday today, which means Christmas weekend! :) I'm going to a small potluck gathering tonight, and so i just made some miniature cookies and now I have a pumpkin pie in the oven. :) Fingers crossed... . If I don't post anything tomorrow, Merry Christmas!!! ta ta~