Vegan's Chronicles

A little bit of Mexico

Now that we're mid-way into June, that only leaves me a few more weeks to complete my 6-month '101 List'. One of the things I've been procrastinating on is the "Learn 5 new international dishes." Since I'm usually just cooking for one, I can't be bothered to cook from recipes. But now that time is running out, I've been going through my cookbooks for inspiration on what corner of the culinary world to try. So far, I've done Thai curry, Vietnamese Pho, and then on Saturday I made those French crepes. And next, I attempted a Mexican mole recipe from 'Appetite for Reduction' by Isa. The original recipe includes lentils, but I didn't have any, so I just added more veggies and some kabocha cubes.

IMG_2089.jpg

I've actually never had mole before, so I don't have any frame of reference, but regardless, this was delicious. Veggies with cocoa powder, cinnamon, and pepper powder just sounds weird, but this tasted great . I ate this with some quinoa (it got hidden underneath!) for an exciting, exotic lunch. :)

I already know what country I'm gonna cook next and I can't wait to show you!