Vegan's Chronicles

Canada & Korea, joined in holy matrimony
Candyse wedding

Went to my friend Candyse' wedding yesterday. Seriously, everyone is getting hitched these days! Even though Candyse is Canadian, her hubby is Korean-Korean and they chose to have a very Korean-style wedding, including the paebaek ceremony after. Candyse' family flew in for the wedding and I'm sure they were a bit lost during the service which was all in Korean, but I think they were just glad to be there and to see their daughter so happy.

Candyse wedding

Candyse herself looked absolutely wonderful in her dress (which her mother handmade and brought from Canada!), Sang Ho (the groom) looked positively content and proud, and the guests all had a great time celebrating the couple and their union.

Candyse wedding

After the ceremony, we all went to the buffet area for dinner. The entire buffet was really big and had quite a lot of veg options for me to fill up on. Here's plate #1.

Candyse wedding

Plate #2. Love gosari namul! Looks like dried up worms, but my goodness, this is one of my favorite banchans.

Candyse wedding

Dessert was ddeok and a few grapes.

Candyse wedding

For the wedding favors, Candyse and Sang Ho generously gave everyone gifts of fancy mochi/ddeok desserts! They looked gorgeous, but unfortunately, they contain egg, so I gave my box away. The maple leaf one was especially appropriate, representing the Canadian flag! Too cute.

Congrats Candyse & Sang Ho!