Vegan's Chronicles

Cheonan Vegan Buffet: "Ddeul Ahn Chae"
Vegan Buffet Cheonan

Oh, I'm so excited cuz today, I'm blogging about a fantastic vegan buffet my family went to for my mom's birthday dinner! (This one's for all my veg-head homies in Cheonan. You're gonna love this.)

Vegan Buffet Cheonan

"Well-being Vegetarian Buffet"

The buffet is called 뜰안채' or 'Ddeul Ahn Chae', and for a mere 10,000 won, you can stuff your face on an entirely vegan meal of incredibly fresh, healthy, vibrant food. The dishes are primarily Korean, familiar, simple, and comforting. I think this place might even be better than the Achasan Loving Hut buffet! OooOo~ yes, bold statement there. Don't get me wrong, I looove the Achasan buffet, but I gotta say, its connection to her Supreme Blondness Highness kinda creeps me out. Also, while the Achasan buffet does have a ton of different dishes to pick from, they rely pretty heavily on soy/wheat meat dishes (as do all the Loving Hut restaurants). That's fine, but I tend to prefer more fresh, unprocessed foods.

Vegan Buffet Cheonan

I found the menu here to be less wheat/soy meat-focused. I also noticed that they include plenty of fresh, colorful veggies such as red and yellow bell peppers which are really expensive in Korea!

Vegan Buffet Cheonan

Anyway, so without further ado, here are a bunch of photos of the impressive buffet spread. There are too many dishes to even attempt to name them all for you. :)

Vegan Buffet Cheonan
Vegan Buffet Cheonan
Vegan Buffet Cheonan
Vegan Buffet Cheonan
Vegan Buffet Cheonan
Vegan Buffet Cheonan
Vegan Buffet Cheonan
Vegan Buffet Cheonan

This buffet didn't have any vegan baked desserts like Achasan Loving Hut buffet, but that was fine with me ( I'm not such a fan of their baked goods anyway). Instead, they had some healthier options: sweet pumpkin topped with sweet red beans (really yum), ddeok, apple slices, and crunchy puffed rice bars. They also had slices of bread with jam and a bowl of mixed seeds and nuts. There was also a section of three different rice porridges that I didn't capture (pumpkin, black sesame seed porridge, etc).

Vegan Buffet Cheonan

Plate #1. Too much deliciousness going on here. The soup on the side there was awesome, but verrry spicy from the hot peppers. I almost coughed out a lung when I took a big gulp and it went down the wrong tube. :P

Vegan Buffet Cheonan

Guksu (Korean savory noodles)

Vegan Buffet Cheonan

Plate #2 with accompanying bowl of miyuk guk (seaweed soup).

Vegan Buffet Cheonan

Miyuk guk. I'm not sure whether those white chunks were meant to be 'pork' or chickin', but I swear, they looked and tasted like strips of real meat. O.o

Vegan Buffet Cheonan

Close up shot: sweetened lotus root, a crispy spring roll, and a dried fig!

Vegan Buffet Cheonan

Silken tofu with soysauce dressing.

Vegan Buffet Cheonan

Plate #3.

Vegan Buffet Cheonan

The "dessert" plate.

By the end, I was completely stuffed to the brim! All the food was at the right temperature (not cold or crusty), and everything tasted awesome. It wasn't innovative, fancy gourmet food, but I appreciated the fact that they didn't fall into the trap of trying to make weird fusion dishes as so many Korean buffets do. I just love this place! The owners are very friendly, kind, and helpful, and the food is humble and simply good. I know without a doubt that I will be dragging my parents to this joint whenever I'm in Cheonan.

Vegan Buffet Cheonan

Ddeul Ahn Chae Vegetarian Buffet / 뜰안채채식뷔페

Address: 충남 천안시 동남구 안서동 141
Tel: 041-567-5879
Lunch service: 12-3pm
Dinner service: 6-9pm
Closed every 3rd Sunday of the month

Since this is Cheonan we're talking about, I would suggest taking a cab and showing the driver the address. But if you're bus-savvy, catch Bus #24 (you can catch it accross the street from the new Shinsaegae Department Store (the old Yawoori building), and get off at the 안서대림2차A (An Suh Dae Rim 2-A) stop, after the 'Hoseo University' stop. The restaurant will be directly across the street from the bus stop.

지도 크게 보기

2011.3.17 | 지도 크게 보기
© NHN Corp.