Vegan's Chronicles

Phew...

This week has been such a blur. My job kept me busier than usual and I've been doing a lot of painting in my spare time. And then on top of that, I just haven't really felt like blogging much for the past few days. Perhaps I'm reaching blog burnout? I love sharing all the vegan food I eat with my readers, but when I get in an emotional funk, it's hard to find the motivation. But today is Saturday, the sun is shining on me, Chuseok is just around the corner, and I'm feeling good.

Here are a few photos from this past week.

Cafe Mano

I spent one of my afternoons being productive at Cafe Mano in Hyehwa. I ordered an Americano and tried their vegan Cranberry Macadamia Chocolate Cookie (2,500 won).

Cafe Mano

To be honest, this cookie was a bit disappointing. It was decent, but was definitely on the dry side. Moreover, while I like cranberries, I wasn't completely sold on cranberries being paired with chocolate. At 2,500 won, I expected more... I reckon I could make a better cookie. Anyway~ I was still happy to support a vegan-friendly business, and it was nice to actually be able to order myself a vegan treat at a coffee shop, unlike most other cafes in Korea.

IMG_7662

Caar's garlic crackers and baked beans for a mid-afternoon snack.

IMG_7669

One of my lunches: steamed kabocha squash and tofu, broccoli, and bell peppers cooked in a dwenjang sauce.

I didn't take many food photies this week... hopefully I'll do a better job next week!