Vegan's Chronicles

Good eats, friends, and pop art
IMG_2334

Had another awesome day! Man, so far, my week has just been filled with so much goodness. This morning I got to share my pumpkin oats ritual with my mom who slept over. Then in return, she cooked up some zucchini banchan for a healthy, uncomplicated lunch.

IMG_2338

Here's a shot of the different components on my plate: rice, zucchini banchan, dried radish banchan (무우말랭이), lettuce, and a dollop of dwenjang. Dessert was kiwi and some nuts.

IMG_2339

By mid-afternoon, I felt the need to refuel, so I quickly made a yummy snack of sliced bananas and one lonely dried prune, sprinkled with some cinnamon and chopped walnuts.

Keith Haring Exhibit with Yanna & Janice

Then I headed over to the Olympic park, where I met up with good friends and coworkers Yanna and Janice to see the Keith Haring exhibit at the SOMA.

Keith Haring Exhibit with Yanna & Janice

A Keith Haring matiz car outside on display.

Keith Haring Exhibit with Yanna & Janice

We weren't allowed to take photos of the exhibit, but I sneaked a few in while the docent wasn't looking. I don't want to spoil the show for everyone else, so I'll just post this one teaser photo. Basically, the show was really terrific, and I have a new-found appreciation for his work. I was never much of a fan of his pop-style simplistic figures and icons before, but through this show, I gained a greater understanding of the artist and his life struggles, and consequently, a greater respect for his artwork and vision. The show is fun, childish, naughty, dark, and depressing, all at the same time, and I walked out inspired. Definitely go check it out.