Vegan's Chronicles

Neighborhood Trotting: Bu-Am-Dong

Met up with Sylvia the other day and she finally took me to a part of Seoul that she's been talking about for the longest time. The neighborhood is called 부암동 or Bu-Am-Dong, and it's a short cab ride from GwangHwaMun Station, Line 5.

This neighborhood seems to be following in the footsteps of Samcheongdong in that it's developing into a street of quaint coffee shops and vintage stores. I love Samcheongdong, but it's gotten a little too popular for its own good. On the other hand, this neighborly street is still relatively unknown, and very charming.

Just to browse around, we stopped by this cutesy cupcake store filled will kitschy trinkets and dolls.

Those cupcakes don't even look real.

The street is also on a hill and is very close to lots of trees and hiking trails.

After a short walk around the area, we chilled at this gourmet coffee shop called 'Cafe Club Espresso: Art of Coffee.' It was in a large, red brick building that looked kind of like a big barn/warehouse. (check google map here)

As soon as we walked in, we were hit with the aroma of freshly roasted coffee beans. Ahhh~

There are several shelves stacked with beans from all over the world. A coffee-lover's paradise.

Sylvia got their Colombian iced drip coffee, while I ordered their Brazilian hot drip coffee. Mine was a little too strong for me... Perhaps, I'm not yet the seasoned coffee-drinker I wish I was, but I found it to be quite bitter... . But I loved the log cabin-feel and the sophisticated yet comfortable vibes. :) Oh, and those cookies came as 'service.'

Thanks Sylvia, for introducing me to a new part of Seoul!