Vegan's Chronicles

Back to Korean food!

So, I'm back in Korea now (obvi~). Last week, it was difficult trying to get back into 'work mode'... I had so much energy on my vacation, and then when I returned to dreary weather and had to get back to the daily grind, I felt my energy levels plummet. But I will admit that it feels good to sleep in my own bed again, to eat oatmeal for breakfast, and also to see Bunny again. :) I've also been filling up on nutrients that I probably didn't get enough of while in the Philippines (namely protein, and iron... ), by eating loads of dark leafy greens, tofu, and beans.

Anyway, last week I went to Cheonan to see my parents and to bring Bunny back to Seoul. My mom's home cooking is always such a comfort, especially after a week of eating other International foods. I didn't miss Korean food while I was on vacation, but once I got back, all I wanted was a big bowl of dwenjang jjigye. I think that's a sure sign that I am indeed Korean at heart! You can see the dwenjang jjigye in the photo above, and also below:

I bought that table liner from the Legazpi Market in Makati! It looks great on my parents' dining table. :)

Sweet potato, fresh green salad, gosari-namul, dried radish banchan, and kimchi.

Last, here's a lovely soy latte I enjoyed, along with a dried persimmon.