Vegan's Chronicles

*Boing*boing*boing*~~

... that's the sound of me jumping up and down on my imaginary trampoline because today is Leap Day! Has it already been 4 years since the last one? Eesh, I thought it wasn't until 2 more years... . Time is flying by too fast, I can't keep up. Well, unlike probably every one else, I'm not doing anything particularly special or different to 'carpe diem.' It's just another lovely day over here at ADO. :)

So let's do some random eats and small talk.

Recently Theresa Bergen over at the 'Healthy & Creative Living' blog did a short interview of me as a vegan blogger in Korea and wrote some heart warming words about Alien's Day Out and my art. Her blog shares inspiring interviews with vegans in various odd countries and it's pretty cool to see how eating compassionately is possible anywhere in the world~ It's really humbling to be included amongst so many inspiring vegans, so thank you Theresa. Clickiddy click on the link here!

IMG_2574.jpg

And now bouncing on to some random eats. I had spelt pancakes for breakfast last week, made with spelt flour that I ordered from iHerb. I didn't even realize it was pancake day until after the fact, but I guess I somehow knew deep down.

IMG_2577.jpg

Thoroughly enjoyed with lots of agave syrup... . perhaps a bit too much.

IMG_2682.jpg

Ended up spending an afternoon in Gangnam and so I popped into Tea Purple cafe for a sec. Soy milk added by me.

IMG_2710.jpg

And lunch today was low-carb... just a bunch of sauteed veggies and tofu, with teriyaki style sauce. First, I lightly sauteed some onions, garlic, and enoki mushrooms in a pan with some sesame oil. Then I added some cabbage and about 1 Tbs soy sauce, 1/2 tsp fresh grated garlic, red pepper flakes, and about 1 tsp of sugar, and continued to saute. Next, I dissolved some cornstarch (2tsp?) in about 1 1/2 cup water and poured it into the pot to get a thick sauce. Near the end, I threw in some broccoli and cubed firm tofu and cooked until the broccoli was tender but not mushy. And there you go, easy peasy one pot wonder.

IMG_2628.jpg
IMG_2630.jpg
IMG_2641.jpg

And here are some sweets I've been baking. Marble cake, pomegranate-flavored cookie bites with cranberry bits, and lots of chai tea muffins.

IMG_2656.jpg

I bought some pure pomegranate powder at the bangsan baking market and added them to some drop cookies~ It gave them a light pinkish hue and lovely berry flavor. :)

Aiights. That's all for today. Have a happy leap day and let's go into March with new-found inspiration and passion for life.