Vegan's Chronicles

Out 'n' about
IMG_1019.jpg

Last week, my parents were visiting Seoul and we ended up going to Gyeongbokgung palace. Can you believe that I've been living in Seoul for 5+ years and this was my first time going there? Wow... . it's quite shameful. What can i say, sometimes it's the things in your own back yard that get overlooked.

IMG_1060.jpg

Guards posing by the main gate.

IMG_1036.jpg
IMG_1047.jpg

If you'll recall, it was super cold last week so we couldn't stay out too long, but we pretty much walked around the whole palace grounds, which is much larger than I thought! The land was pretty stark and bare, but I imagine it's really beautiful in spring and autumn. :)

IMG_1054.jpg

Snow covering the frozen pond.

IMG_0968.jpg

That same day, I had to go to the Yungdeungpo-gu office, and out front there was a small farmer's market going on, so we took a look and ate some yummy samples.

IMG_0951.jpg

fresh ddeok that was soooo light, chewy, and nutty.

IMG_0957.jpg
IMG_0956.jpg

Dried sweet potatoes!

IMG_0959.jpg

Puffed rice snacks

IMG_0961.jpg
IMG_0960.jpg

Fresh, peeled chestnuts. I didn't know that you could eat raw chestnuts, but they were really good~ Surprisingly sweet and crispy, like apples.

IMG_0966.jpg

Bags of sliced ddeok for New Year's ddeokguk.

IMG_0967.jpg

yes... . :)

And now for some things I've eaten so far in 2012:

IMG_1264.jpg

Kicking the new year off on a healthy note, here's my bowl of chia & banana oatmeal for breakfast.

IMG_1269.jpg

toppings: banana slices, blackstrap molasses, pecan nuts, cinnamon. Ah, some how, starting the year off with heart-healthy oatmeal feels so right.

IMG_1296.jpg

A ginormous salad composed of lettuce, cabbage, tofu, tempeh, dotori muk, green bell peppers, sea vegetables, onions, and dressing.

IMG_1288.jpg
IMG_1280.jpg

And here's the first thing I baked in 2012: coffee chocolate chip cookies.

IMG_1292.jpg

yum.

IMG_1176.jpg

Actually, this bibimbab was from last year, but I'll post it anyway because it was delicious.

IMG_1178.jpg
IMG_1324.jpg

Chillin at Hapjeong & Hongdae~

IMG_0805.jpg
IMG_0809.jpg
IMG_0998.jpg

Here are more photos of Bunny donning her Christmas sweater. I accidentally spilled some pellets on the floor, so Bunny vacuumed it all up with her mouth. :)

IMG_1012.jpg

gawd, her cuteness kills me sometimes.