Vegan's Chronicles

What Santa brought Bunny
IMG_0801.jpg

Perhaps my readers are getting bored of seeing holiday cookie pictures on this blog, but here are some very special cookies I made to give a dear vegan friend in my life. They were butt-ugly, but very much loved by the recipient... . Bunny! :) haha, yes, I made rabbit treats!!! My first attempt at making homemade snacks for Bunny and judging by how she goes completely nuts for them, I reckon they were a success.

I used the recipe from the House Rabbit Society as reference, but adjusted the measurements slightly, and added a tiny bit of whole wheat flour to get a thicker dough for rolling and cutting out cookie shapes. It's a bit of a process, but well worth it to have healthy snacks for your bunny with good quality ingredients. So if anyone has a rabbit, this one's for you. :) High fives to all ma fellow Bunny-lovers!

IMG_0782.jpg
IMG_0784.jpg

Homemade Bunny Biscuits
1/3 cup rabbit pellets
1/3 cup oats
1 Tbs whole wheat flour
1 small carrot
1 small ripe banana
1 tbsp organic agave syrup
extra Tbs of oats for texture

1. Preheat oven to 320F.

IMG_0637.jpg

2. In a food processor, grind the pellets and oats into flour. Add the carrot, banana, wheat flour, and agave syrup and whizz until everything sticks together and there are no large carrot bits. Transfer dough to a bowl and add about 1 Tbs of rolled oats for some texture (optional).

IMG_0640.jpg

3. Roll the dough out to about 1/2 cm thick and cut into shapes. I rolled it out between some saran-wrap, just to keep things cleaner. Place on cookie sheet and bake for about 30 - 40 minutes, depending on how crunchy you want the treats to be. Turn off the heat and leave the cookies in the oven to continue dehydrating a bit more. I made mine pretty dry so that Bunny gets lots of crunch.

IMG_0790.jpg

4. Give sparingly to your rabbit as a special treat, along with a well-balanced diet. :)

IMG_0811.jpg

And as a Christmas pressie, I bought bunny her first piece of clothing! Yea, I've become one of those people who dress up their furry friends... I never thought I'd be the type, but apparently I am... don't judge! I just don't want Bunny to get too cold when she goes outside on the patio. ^^

IMG_0816.jpg

How does she look? I couldn't find a suit specific for rabbits, so I got one for a small dog and cut the sleeves off so that it fit her better and so that she can move easily.

IMG_0833.jpg
IMG_0824.jpg

Where's Bunny?

IMG_0830.jpg

I'm amazed that she didn't even struggle while I put the thing on her. haha. She's a trooper for putting up with me.

IMG_0852.jpg

"Does this make my butt look big?"

And here she is chasing a biscuit treat. I'm a mean mommy, I know.

IMG_0857.jpg
IMG_0859.jpg
IMG_0860.jpg
IMG_0864.jpg
IMG_0861.jpg
IMG_0866.jpg
IMG_0867.jpg

ech, gimme... .

IMG_0875.jpg

finally~ nom nom nom...

IMG_0877.jpg

Bunny loves the treats~ She comes running whenever she hears the cookie bag rustle, but I have to exercise restraint and only give her one or two a day. Now I'm excited for all the other types of cookies I can make for her, using all her favorite veggies and fruit! Apples, persimmon, lettuce, cabbage... oh the possibilities.

IMG_0882.jpg

Mehwy Cwismas~~