Vegan's Chronicles

Trying to keep myself busy...

It's another rainy day here in Seoul... . what's new. I really can't wait for all this rain and sticky humidity to be over, and for it to be fall~ my favorite season!

Anyway~ so now that I've found my future apartment, I just have to gradually start packing up all the junk that I've accumulated over the past 4 years, and then move out on Sept 3rd! Well, that's still a few weeks away, so there's no rush.

Apart from planning for my eventual moving-out date, lately, I've been spending my time baking for orders, running whenever it's not pouring rain, blogging, and doing a bit of design stuff. I've also been trying to get out of the house whenever I can to meet up with friends. I really love baking alone in my kitchen while old episodes of 'Parks and Recreation' play in the background, but I also need to interact with other humans so that I don't turn into a lonely hermit!

IMG_2506.jpg

Yesterday, I got some coffee with my favorite coworker unnie, Yanna. She ordered cookies from me a while back and shared some with her tutor kid who liked them, so she ordered more! :) Hehe, it's such a great compliment when a kid says they like my food~

IMG_2501.jpg

Here are some thin mints for Yanna~ The thin mint cookies now come in square-form! This translates to a slightly more wafer cookie surface area to be covered in minty chocolate. hehe.

IMG_2511.jpg

Oh, and what do you think of my new sticker design for my bake shop packaging? They arrived today and I can't wait to stick them on everything... .

IMG_1764.jpg

Here's some tropical biscotti I baked, using fine coconut shreds and a mix of dried papaya and pineapple bits. The recipe is a work in progress... .

IMG_1667.jpg

Last but not least, the other day I found this soy yogurt drink at Lotte Department Store, and as far as I can tell, there is no dairy or D3 lurking in the ingredients list. Anyone care to double-check it for me?

IMG_1655.jpg

I'm not 100% sure that it's vegan, but I'm really hoping it is! Vegemil used to have a similar soy yogurt drink, but it had vitamin-D3 in it, so I stopped buying it.

IMG_1664.jpg

This was quite a delicious, refreshing drink, and it had the familiar sour yogurty flavor that I miss so much. I really love yogurt, whether it is the drinkable or spoonable type, and I think it's important to get those healthy live probiotic cultures in your system, you know, to promote digestive health and um, stay regular~

IMG_1660.jpg

Nutritional stats: 110cal, 23g carbs, 2g protein, 1 g fat, and includes three different probiotic bacteria.