Vegan's Chronicles

Handmade Korea Fair 2011

If you have nothing to do today, check this out! On Friday, I dragged a friend with me to go see the Handmade Korea Fair at COEX (last day is today!). It was the perfect indoor event for these rainy days, and was like a Korean version of the Renegade Craft Fair in the US (which I looooove), except not quite as hipster.

IMG_1250.jpg

There was quite a variety of vendors, ranging from cool young crafters to older traditional Korean artisan-types, and from furniture designers to painters and illustrators.

IMG_1287.jpg

A wheel throwing demonstration

IMG_1272.jpg

Sew, good woman, sew!

IMG_1257.jpg

Here are some of my favorites:

IMG_1222.jpg
IMG_1214.jpg
IMG_1265.jpg
IMG_1302.jpg
IMG_1246.jpg
IMG_1247.jpg

There were also a few food booths inside the event hall, such as this ddeok stall. All their ddeoks looked so pretty and yummy, I had to get one.

IMG_1316.jpg

Yum. Especially liked the black beans.

IMG_1240.jpg

Overall, it was an awesome event and I was inspired by all the creative minds making things and following their passions. I kept wishing I could be there too, selling my own stationery line, prints, paintings... I wanna try to get my own booth at next year's event! :P

IMG_1311.jpg

This is me.