Vegan's Chronicles

Bakesale Fundraiser recap

Thank you everyone who came to the Bakesale Fundraiser this past Saturday! It was a total blast! It's hard to put into words how happy I was to see so many people come by and show support for the cause, especially because I was worried that the inclement weather would keep people at home. It's nice to know that thunder and rain won't get in the way of your vegan sweet tooth! And I'm completely thrilled to announce that this bakesale raised a total of 942,000 won! Yayyyy~!!! This will be split evenly and donated to Mercy Corps and JEARS, to help both humans and non-humans affected by the tsunami in Japan.

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale for Japan

The spread of vegan goodies was truly impressive. Aside from Kia and myself, there were 4 other vegan bakers who contributed their time, resources, and skills, to create this amazing smorgasbord of vegan awesome. I tried to take as many pics as I could, but I was rather distracted and didn't get to photograph every thing! Also, please excuse the blurriness of these photos... my camera is rather crappy in dark lighting. Anyway, check out the vegan vittles:

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale for Japan

Gigormous cinnamon rolls by Raphaelle. She also brought several batches of chocolate cupcakes with candied orange bits, which you can see at the top of the following picture:

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale for Japan

Kia went above and beyond this time and made some vegan doggie treats!

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale for Japan

They looked so good that people kept thinking they were for humans. In addition to the dog treats, Kia also made the following for human consumption:

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale for Japan

Strawberry coffeecake

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale for Japan

Lemon cupcakes with adorable deco icing by her friend Heejin (so purdy!), and chocolate hazelnut cupcakes.

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale for Japan

Lemon bars

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale for Japan

Snickerdoodle & chocolate chip cookies

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale for Japan

Fiona who hails from New Zealand made these chocolate afghan biscuits, which are a traditional Kiwi treat. I got to try one and it was sooooo good.

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale for Japan

Jelly donut muffins by Fiona. :)

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale for Japan

There was also an entire gluten-free section! New friend and fellow vegan blogger Sae Hee has done a lot of GF baking before, and contributed these carob choco raisin, and tropical trail mix cookies... .

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale for Japan

and these funky 80's "Cyndi Lauper Girlfriend" sugar cookies. The chocolate truffles (also gf) were by Kia and they were amaze-balls. There was also some gf spelt zucchini bread, provided by yours truly. :)

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale for Japan

Raw, vegan, gluten-free 'rawkies,' donated by Danielle!

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale for Japan

And here are some of the things I made: "Phat Mint" cookies, chocolate-covered pretzels, and "10k energy bars."

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale for Japan

Lemony-coconut cupcakes, which I named "Princess Kate" after being inspired by the royal wedding this past Friday! :P

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale for Japan

I also made lemon poppyseed muffins, carrot spice muffins, and the rocky road bars on the left side. I wish I had made more of the rocky road bars because they were the first things to disappear! :)

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale for Japan

Since our bakesale had to be moved indoors due to the rain, we ended up sharing the space with another event. It ended up working out because we got live music and entertainment! :)

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale for Japan

Roofers was also great in including several vegan dishes on their menu. I got to try their curry plate which was really flavorful and delicious. Let's hope that Roofers adds these items to their menu permanently. :)

Anyway, it was loads of fun and I'm so happy with the amount we raised. I cannot say enough how grateful I am to everyone for your support. I hope everyone had a good time and enjoyed the treats. It was also wonderful meeting many of you readers! Sorry if I don't remember all of your names... . please stay in touch through this blog!

Also, if you're wondering, my 10k race went awesome today! I'll post about it as soon as I get my official time... but now I'm gonna try to catch up on lost sleep due to baking non-stop and waking up early to run this morning! :) It was alllll worth it though. Nite nite~