Vegan's Chronicles

Lunching at So True

Lately, I haven't been eating out as much as I used to. Perhaps it's because being on the locavore/organic challenge that has got me more excited about buying my own ingredients and cooking at home, rather than eating out. However, I do miss the treat of eating out from time to time, so this past Saturday, some friends and I enjoyed a relaxing Saturday lunch at 'So True' at Chungdahm station. So True is definitely one of my all-time favorite veg-friendly restaurants here in Seoul and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for healthy, macrobiotic-style, fusion, organic food. They do serve omni dishes, but their veg menu is continuing to grow! It seems like every time I go there, there's a new veg*an option added to the menu. Shweet.

So True

This time, I ordered one of their lunch specials. I forget the exact name of the dish, but it was an enormous plate of brown rice and mix of wintery veggies like white potatoes, sweet potatoes, kabocha squash, onions, zucchini, and mushrooms, all covered in a juicy sauce speckled with perilla seeds. It was a bit heavy on the starches, but everything was really delicious. 9,500 won.

So True

Mmm, so good. Definitely try this if you're there for their lunch service.

Directions to So True: Cheongdam Station Line 7. Exit #2. Come out the escalator and follow the road as it veers to the right. Walk about 1 minute, and 'So True' will be on your right.