Vegan's Chronicles

iHerbin' it
iherb

Here's some stuff I ordered from iHerb, which arrived last week. I haven't ordered from there in a while because I stocked up on so much while I was in Cali last December. However, I wanted to get some quinoa as well as some good quality oats. I normally get oats from an Korean baking website, but the last batch that I got had this really unpleasant, bitter taste! I didn't want to risk ordering from that site again, so I went with Bob's Red Mill organic oats from iHerb instead (I'm still doing the organivore challenge!). The 'Whip It' stabilizer packets are to add to non-dairy whipped cream, and the mini jam jar was a free sample. I also bought some chunky peanut butter, but that's not pictured because... I finished it already. :P

iherb

I also finally got a Crazy Rumors lip balm! I've been wanting to get my hands on these ever since I heard Colleen Patrick-Goudreau rave about the vegan company on her podcast. Got the 'Perk' coffee flavor, and it's so yummy-smelling! Really smooth too.

iherb
IMG_8380

So anyway, here's today's lunch I made using the quinoa. I basically just mixed it with some chopped kale, mung bean sprouts, onions, and garlic. Steamed kabocha and vegan kimchi on the side. I wish quinoa was available in Korea because it's yummy and so healthy! It's got complete protein, and lots of manganese, magnesium, and iron- all important nutrients for vegans. Glad to have quinoa back in my life.