Vegan's Chronicles

Speak

I'm not gonna write much today... just post a bunch of pictures, mostly from the SPEAK performance & art show on Friday. It was at my friend's language center and there was a good turn out with a good mix of native Koreans and foreigners. Each classroom was transformed into a 'stage,' where performing artists did their thing, and then my artworks were displayed in the hallway. The whole idea of the show was for the viewers and artists to interact (speak) with each other and create dialogue about art, language, and culture.

Speak Art Show

Here are a few of my paintings.

Speak Art Show

Installation piece

Speak Art Show

Two artists did a performance piece in bed, via skype, all the way from London.

Speak Art Show
Speak Art Show

Loved this piece. Such an interesting concept.

Speak Art Show

Aidan Cowling's performance about our relationship with space.

Speak Art Show

Wilfred Lee doing blind drawings- he's a super talented artist!

Speak Art Show

The final result of Eric Scott Nelson's performance about the pressures of language-learning in Korea. It was intense!

Speak Art Show

Dann Gaymer & Ollie Walker

Speak Art Show
Speak Art Show

"think"

Speak Art Show

My friend's doggie, 'Beans' also came along. His cuteness threatened to steal the whole show!

All in all, it was a blast and I was really moved by some of the performances! I was also thrilled to meet new artists and get lots of positive feedback about my work. This show was just the inspiration I've been needing to stay creative and curious. As always, thanks to my friend Eric for making it happen and for inviting me to be a part of it! :)