Vegan's Chronicles

Above Zero

Today's weather was so lovely! The temps actually broke out of the negatives! I stepped outside this afternoon, and for once, I didn't have to wrap my scarf around my entire face. The fact that I was practically dancing in celebration goes to show that this Winter has been nothing short of brutal. Even though I know it's far from over, I'm soooo craving Spring. Even my body has been demanding fresher and lighter foods, like loads and loads of green salads. For the past few days, I've had a ginormous salad for every lunch. The ingredients always change (tofu, beans, mushrooms, etc), and it's always fantastic.

IMG_5498

Here's today's lunch. The salad bowl consisted of chopped lettuce, chicory, perilla leaves, sauteed cabbage, green bell peppers & enoki mushrooms. For the dressing, I mixed equal parts of soysauce, sesame oil, and rice vinegar, and a generous shake of red pepper flakes, and a pinch of black pepper. In addition to all that, I tossed in some crushed gim and a vegan radish kimchi.

IMG_5499

I also filled up with a large serving of steamed kabocha squash. It was sooo sweet~~ I love kabocha!

Apple Chips

On the snack-front, I found this package of apple chips at 'Family Mart' the other day and had to try it. I liked that it only had one ingredient: 100% apples!

Apple Chips

A bit pricey (2000 won) for a small bag, but it was still good. The chips were slightly crispy, not crunchy. Yummy~

Anyway~ right now I'm in the middle of baking Pumpkin Biscotti to sell at Harunohee! The giant cookie log is currently cooling down before being cut up for the second bake, and I gotta say, my apartment smells amazing right now. They'll be at the cafe tomorrow, if anyone wants a taste. :)