Vegan's Chronicles

Turkey-free Thanksgiving Potluck 2010
IMG_1651-2

I realize that I may be one of the last people to blog about their thanksgiving meal, but better late than never! On Saturday, a group of old and new friends got together at my humble abode for a lovely vegan thanksgiving potluck.

IMG_1645

This was my second year hosting the event and it was once again another huge success! There was some scrumptious food, lovely company, and plenty of silly fun. I'm sooo thankful!

Vegan Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner 2010

Jennifer & Leif brought some much-needed salad greens, while I provided the homemade agave-mustard dressing. I also made a sauteed zucchini-mushroom dish and a bowl of mushroom gravy which you can see in the background (sorry, no close-up pics).

Vegan Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner 2010

Another one of my contributions was this sweet potato mash. It doesn't have the typical orange sweet potato color because I used Korean "chestnut" sweet potatoes (밤고구마). Since the sweet potatoes here are on the dry side, I added soy milk to get it fluffier. I also added a teensy bit of sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt & pepper (everything to taste). It was quite fantastic, if I may say so myself.

Vegan Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner 2010

My friend Abigail is famous for her special black bean dish. She brought it to one of our previous potlucks, and it was soooo good that I hinted at her to make it again. :) Delicious, as always!

Vegan Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner 2010

Amy's herby potato wedges. They were a little cold because I don't own a microwave so we couldn't quickly reheat them, but they were still awesome.

Vegan Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner 2010

Chris & Amy brought an entire crock pot full of delicious two-bean chili! It was really hearty and comforting, and it also had a nice spicy kick to it. Mmmm~~

Vegan Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner 2010

My plate of vegan deliciousness. Seriously, everything tasted so good! Even the omnis among us thoroughly enjoyed the meal and said that they didn't realize a vegan dinner could be so delicious.

Vegan Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner 2010

And to end the thanksgiving meal on a sweet note, we had tofu pumpkin pie with walnuts on top. Not sure why my pie looks green in this photo! I'll admit that for some reason, it didn't come out quite as incredible as it did last year, but it was still pretty darn good and it did its job of satisfying everyone's pumpkin pie cravings. I think the fact that people went for seconds and thirds was a good sign~ :)

Vegan Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner 2010

Here's my dessert plate: pie with a dollop of sweet tofu cream, pears, and clementines.

Vegan Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner 2010

The sweet tofu cream added a lil' extra sum'n sum'n.

Vegan Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner 2010

And ofcourse, Bunny got plenty of love and attention from all her admirers. Every where she turned, someone was offering her a lettuce leaf or a clementine peel. :) She was in a state of thanksgiving bliss~

Vegan Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner 2010

"Mmm, salad!"

Vegan Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner 2010

After stuffing our faces and bellies, we pulled out 'Cranium' and got silly. :) It's such a fun game! My favorite category is the "Creative Cat" cuz I get to draw and play with playdough like a kid. And it goes without saying that my worst category is "Data Head" - I suck at anything involving facts and numbers... . :)

Hope everyone had a grand thanksgiving!

(photos taken by Chris, Abigail & myself)