Vegan's Chronicles

Vegan Cookies at Naya Cafe

I don't think it's any secret that I go to cafes a lot. Lucky for me, there is no shortage of coffee shops here in Seoul, that's for certain! Even though I'm incredibly grateful that my job allows me to work from home, I have to say that being cooped up in my place all day makes me go a little looney. As a result, I try to take my work outside as often as I can, where I can be amongst other humans. I especially like going to calm coffee shops with workspace areas so that I can pull out my laptop or art supplies to burn off some creative energy. I'm just infinitely more productive when I'm out of my house!

Naya Cafe

One of my new favorite coffee shops is Naya Cafe, an incredibly charming cafe tucked away in one of Hongdae's residential alleyways. It is an oasis of calm and peace in the hectic madness of this city, and for a moment, you are transported to simpler times... ok, am i getting too sentimental here? My bad.

Naya Cafe

Everything about this cafe is pristine, romantic, and mindful.

Naya Cafe
Naya Cafe

The best part is that all of their cookies are vegan! This clipboard note clearly states that "Naya Cafe's cookies have no butter, egg, or milk. Vegan Cookies" :)

Naya Cafe
Naya Cafe

The cafe doesn't provide nondairy milk, but for some reason, their cookies are all free of animal products! Sweeet~ That's actually the main reason why I sought out this cafe in the first place. Hongdae is on the opposite side of the city for me, but no distance is too great when it comes to my search for vegan food. Just another day out for this Alien. :)

Naya Cafe

I got these delicate coconut cookies that were almost too precious to eat.

Naya Cafe

I really liked 'em- especially the tiny coconut bits and the buttery shortcake flavor. They paired perfectly with my coffee and I savored every morsel. I want to bake these!

Naya Cafe

hot Americano

Naya Cafe

cute sugar jar

Naya Cafe

I tried to keep the photographing to a minimum, but every nook and cranny was just so picturesque.

Naya Cafe
Naya Cafe
Naya Cafe

If I didn't live so far from Hongdae, I would be here all the time. Check it out for yourselves and while you're there, ask them to add soy lattes to their menu! :)

Naya Cafe

Directions:
Hapjeong Station, Line 2&3, Exit 5. Come out the exit escalator and turn right at the end of the block. Walk straight down the road until you see Kiosco on your left. Turn left into the alley, then right at 'Be Blank.' Naya Cafe will be on your left. (Total walking time: about 7-10 minutes)