Vegan's Chronicles

Su-jung-gwa oatmeal?
persimmon oats

While defrosting and cleaning my freezer last week, I found several dried persimmons that I totally forgot I had. So this morning, I chopped one up and added it to my cooked oatmeal, along with plenty of cinnamon.

persimmon oats

I'm gonna call it 'su-jung-gwa oatmeal' after the traditional Korean cinnamon tea that usually comes with a chunk of dried persimmon (as seen here and here). The only thing missing is the pine nuts.

persimmon oats

You can't really see the chopped persimmon pieces that were actually cooked with the oatmeal because they slightly dissolved in the heat, but they added a nice sweetness to the oatmeal and brought back memories of fall. It's a little strange to be eating persimmons in summer, but I'm not complaining. Afterall, they are one of my all-time fave fruits and I can't wait for them to come out in abundance soon!

persimmon oats

Fabulous freezer-find.