Vegan's Chronicles

Dinner and a movie
Dongdaemun Everest Restaurant

After gobbling up our pat-bingsu on Thursday, my sister and I met up with another friend for a quick dinner at our fave Nepalese-Indian restaurant, Everest. I don't go to the Dongdaemun area much, but when I do, it's usually either to hit up the Bangsan baking market, or to dine at Everest. None of us were super hungry (all those beans and ddeoks in that pat-bingsu were rather filling!), so we decided to just share a few orders.

Dongdaemun Everest Restaurant

We got one vegan Aalu Motar for me, which was curry with chunks of potatoes and some green peas. It had a little spicy kick, but it wasn't overwhelming. Loved it!

Dongdaemun Everest Restaurant

We also ordered palak paneer (vegetarian, not vegan).

Dongdaemun Everest Restaurant

My sister and our friend Susan shared this giant nan. Since the nan ain't vegan, I went with an order of Tandur Roti:

Dongdaemun Everest Restaurant

The potatoes in the Aalu Motar curry were so filling that I ended up only eating about 1/2 of this roti.

Dongdaemun Everest Restaurant

Mmm!

Dongdaemun Everest Restaurant

After dinner, we all met up with my buddy Chris to watch 'Inception.' Holy ddong, that movie was intense! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and my heart was still racing a good while after we walked out of the theater. I loved all the special effects and especially the the zero-gravity fight scenes with Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Back in the day, I definitely had a teenage crush on him when he was on 3rd Rock from the Sun! Oh wait, I think I still kinda do! teehee~ ^^