Vegan's Chronicles

Mipa and the Beanstalk

Last week, I bought a 500-won packet of bean seeds at a flower shop near my house. It's part of my 101 list- to grow something and eat it. You gotta love how they misspelled 'kidney' bean, not to mention the fact that they're not actually kidney beans, but pinto beans! So purty~

I'm hardly the gardening type, but growing my own food is something I've been interested in lately. I really wish I had a little plot of land that I could turn into my own mini organic veggie farm, but being in a tiny studio apartment in urban Seoul makes that virtually impossible. So for now, I'll have to make-do with pots by my windowsill.

This is the pot right after the pods were planted. I was pretty skeptical that anything would happen, but I watered the pods and then abandoned them for four days by going to Cheonan... . and when I returned, this is what I found:

Something actually came out of the dirt! I don't think I've ever grown anything from seeds before in my life. I feel like I'm living the story of Jack and the Beanstalk. My lucky beans! Within literally 24 hours, they went from that (previous picture), to this:

All in one day~

And here they are 2 days later. Grow, grow, grow as tall as you can!