Vegan's Chronicles

You and Me, Running up that Hill

I'm not a running maniac, but about a year ago, I started getting a little into it as a form of exercise. I generally run on the treadmill at my gym, because my neighborhood in Seoul just ain't pretty scenery. You know how it is- avoiding crazy mopeds on the sidewalks, breathing in polluted air, trying to dodge spit and soju-vomit... not to mention the fact that I would feel very out of place. In general, Koreans just don't run. Oh, they're all about hiking, cycling, and walking like fanatics, but running? Not so much. Even at my gym, most of the people on the treadmills just walk. Sometimes I get stares from other people at the gym since I'm one of the few people actually sweating.

Anyway, right now with the frigid winter temperatures, I'm definitely sticking to the indoors treadmill to get my jog on. It's not like I'm some intense marathon runner or anything, but one of my goals on my 101 list is to run in a race this year. Maybe it will be a simple 5k or a 10k. I generally aim to run at least 5k every time I hit the gym, so I think that will be a good distance to train for.

So that said, here's my February copy of Runner's World (one of my fave magazines), along with a bowl of hot oat porridge, banana slices and soymilk, and coffee. :) The breakfast of champions.

Oh, and if you're curious, here are some tunes that get me all fired up on my run.

1. One Step Closer - Linkin Park
2. Twisted Transistor - KoRn
3. The Pretender - Foo Fighters
4. Miss Murder - AFI
5. Move Along - All-American Rejects
6. Right Here, Right Now - FatBoy Slim
7. Spitfire - The Prodigy
8. Lazy Eye - Silversun Pickups
9. Song 2 - Blur
10. The Sweet Escape - Gwen Stefani
11. Infra-Red - Placebo
12. Pet - A Perfect Circle