Vegan's Chronicles

When I say 'Pumpkin,' You say 'Pie'

I baked a tofu pumpkin pie the other day for Thanksgiving, and it turned out pretty awesome. I used the recipe from vegweb.com that I used one time before. I've only tried one other vegan pumpkin pie recipe, so I can't compare it to any others, but this one just tastes really amazing- just like any regular pumpkin pie. You can't even tell that there's tofu in it, it's quite incredible.

For the crust, I used this recipe from vegweb.com. The crust came out a bit harder than I wanted, but it was still pretty good. I have yet to find my perfect crust recipe- if anyone has a good recipe, lemme know~

I also tried making cashew cream for the very first time! I had some leftover raw cashews that I had brought with me from the US, so I soaked those overnight, whizzed them in a blender with some water, agave syrup, and vanilla extract. It was the perfect complement to the pie. Nom nom~