Vegan's Chronicles

VMF Day 13: Tandoori Indian Cuisine

Last week I went to my third Seoul Veggie Club meet-up! This time, the location was 'Tandoori,' an authentic Indian restaurant. It was a pretty tiny space, and I probably would never have known it was there, if it weren't for the veg club. The manager/chef was a super nice man, and also very helpful. There were four of us on my table, and the manager said that he would give us a special deal: four different curry dishes (2 vegetarian, 2 vegan), a basket of naan, another basket of roti (vegan), a bowl of rice, and some samosas, all for the price of 15,000won per person. I reckon it was a pretty good deal, no? And as the only vegan (represent!), I was glad that he thought to provide animal-free options! :P

The curry lineup, from left to right: A vegan potato curry dish (the chef's 'surprise' dish), a vegetarian curry dish (I dunno what it was, since I didn't eat it... ), dal hariyali (vegan), and palak paneer (vegetarian). Love the little flames underneath!

The naan (not vegan, as I learned in my previous Indian restaurant post!)

The roti (vegan)

Samosas & pakoras

I ate one of these samosas, but then later found out that there was ghee in the filling. The pakoras were vegan though.

A closer look at the Dal Hariyali

A closer look at the potato 'surprise' curry dish.

I also met some super cool people: an SVA photography graduate, an environmental researcher from Alaska, and an ex yoga instructor. Veg*ans are so hip and alive! And ofcourse, the food was spectacular and abundant- it was more than enough for the four of us. Even if you're going to order single dishes (as opposed to a 'set' like we got), I think the prices here are very reasonable. I looked through the menu, and it seemed like most curries were around 7000/8000 won.

Directions: Ewha University Station, Line 2, Exit 3. Walk out of Exit 3, then turn at the first road that goes right. Walk up the hill for a block or two. Tandoori will be on your right.