Vegan's Chronicles

VMF Day 1: Fall Apple Cake

Woohoo~! October 1st means my first Mofo post!

Wow, is it really October? Only 3 more months of 2009? Oh my life! That said, I'm beyond excited for fall. It is by far my favorite season of the year. I mean, what's not to love? The colorful autumn leaves, the cool breeze, apples, pears, pumpkin, zucchini, long sleeves, halloween, thanksgiving, pies... ahhhh~ I'm so happy.

So to celebrate the coming of Fall and to bid 'good riddance' to the nasty humid Korean summer, I baked a Fall Apple Cake/Bread. I've never made apple cake before, but this turned out pretty fantastic. It came out a little moister than it should've been, but the moisture made it taste really rich and luscious, especially when I had to lick little bits of gooey goodness off of ma fingers. The added walnuts were also a perfect combination with the soft apple. I will probably tweak the recipe a bit in the future, but I plan on making this a regular go-to recipe this fall!