Vegan's Chronicles

Ganga Indian Restaurant

For the past couple months, I'd been craving Indian food, so I was all excited when a few of my friends decided to get together for dinner at Ganga restaurant by Sulleung Station. I'm always a bit skeptical of the upscale Indian restaurants in Seoul, just cuz I feel like it's not authentic, it's overpriced, or it's just trying too hard. So I wasn't sure what to expect with this restaurant, but I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

dark, modern, classy interior

The restaurant was indeed upscale, but it wasn't overly pretentious. The Korean waitstaff were also very friendly and helpful. As for the menu, there was a vegetarian curry section, but a lot of the dishes had paneer (cheese) in them. I thought about asking them for the palak paneer, minus the paneer, but I figured it might not be worth it, so I went with one of their few vegan dishes, Dal Tarka, which is a lentil curry (15,000 won). Mmmm, it was soooo good. I've had lentil curry before but none as good as this one! The texture of the lentils was great and it wasn't overly spicy to give me tummy issues the next day.

And the naan was perfection. One serving of plain naan is 2000 won, and 2500 won for the garlic naan. After wiping my curry bowl clean with two servings of naan, I was stuffed to the brim. Ganga satisfied my Indian food craving 100% and more.

Ganga has several locations around Seoul, so check their website for directions. If you want high quality, delicious Indian food, in a clean, upscale environment, Ganga won't disappoint.

our clean dishes

*CORRECTION* The naan probably wasn't vegan. :( Boooo~ I guess next time I'll go with rice instead. Sorry for the misinformation.