Vegan's Chronicles

Cranberry Orange Nut Bread

Ever since I got my hands on my own copy of Isa Chandra Msokowitz's 'Vegan Brunch' book, I have been studying the recipes and the ingredients lists to see which ones I can easily make here in Korea. Simply opening this book up and flipping through the gorgeous color photos takes me to my happy place. Sometimes I even read it right before I go to bed, as my night-time reading. haha. I'm such a baking nerd... .

Anyway, I recently tried the Cranberry Orange Nut Muffins, but I can't give a reliable review of the recipe itself because I didn't follow it exactly. First, I baked it as a loaf, rather than muffins. I also didn't have any all-purpose flour, so I ended up using whole wheat flour instead... I think that affected the outcome because it was a lot denser than I expected... . It's totally my fault. And last, I had to use lemon zest instead of orange zest because I couldn't find any oranges here. However, even though it came out a bit dense, the taste was still awesome! It just looked more like pound cake is all, which didn't bother me in the slightest. I can't wait to try this again, and next time with the proper ingredients so that I can give a real review of the recipe.