Vegan's Chronicles

Silence is slavery!

I'm sure everyone around the world has their eyes on Iran right now, and the protests that have been going on for about a week or so. I just want to say that I am in complete awe of the men and women of Tehran for their bravery in standing up to da Man (aka, "supreme leader"/Iranean government) and its threats of violence. Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights gives everyone the right to free speech. I am in full support of their protests, but also pray that this does not become the next Tiananmen square... .

I have to say, it's almost refreshing to see that there are people in this world who are still alive, passionate, and not so comfortably numb that they can't even recognize when their basic human rights are being taken away. Perhaps our generation does have revolutionary potential!