Vegan's Chronicles

Mmm, Zesty!

I bought some oranges the other day and decided to try the zest in some baking.

First up, Orange Pudding Cupcakes from VCTOTW, minus the 'orange pudding filling.' They were really moist and delicious! They looked more like muffins because I filled the paper cups more than usual, and didn't top them with any frosting or glaze.

Next up, the Blueberry Orange Bundt Cake recipe from 'The Joy of Vegan Baking,' only in muffin form, rather than a bundt cake. I think I slightly overbaked these, but they were still yummy. The orange zest really made these different from other blueberry muffins. Success!

With both of these, I halved the measurements. Halving every recipe is definitely the way to go when cooking for only one person. I also think Korean measurements are definitely smaller than US measurements, because according to the recipes, I should've gotten around 6 cupcakes/muffins (12 if I had used whole measurements). But I only got 3-4! I guess everything really IS bigger in the US... .

BTW, I discovered how I can use the green tea powder that I bought at the Bosung Green Tea Fields: the Green Tea Cupcake recipe from VCTOTW! Sweeeet!

PS. My sister left Korea today. So ronery. Poor rirrle me.